Who Am I?
I believe that we are here to have a great life. This means filling it with the people and experiences that make it great. For me, my husband, two sons and our dog are my daily source of love and joy. When they are thriving, I am thriving…and vice versa!
Being healthy and well is also very important to me and I strive to prioritise my well-being at all times.
In addition to a wonderful extended family, other things that are important to me are friends, trees, books, nature, laughter, great conversation and knitting…in no particular order!
My work..so far!
A quick summary of my career so far:
- When I was 8, I wanted to be a dressmaker. This hasn’t happened….yet!
- Somewhere between 8 and 18 I traded my childhood dream for the pursuit of financial success and decided to study Business & Marketing.
- I travelled, worked in different business environments and gained valuable experience in the corporate world.
- Mid 30s – spending all of my free time reading psychology and personal development books, I realised that my true passion is people and understanding human potential and wellbeing.
- While working, I studied psychology and subsequently qualified as a psychotherapist.
- Late 30s/early 40s….took a family career break and got to experience my greatest challenges and joys as I learned how to be a Mammy!
- Mid 40s…time to transition back to the workplace. Discovered the power of coaching and following qualification, set up my own coaching and training business.
- (any gaps in the above can be found on my LinkedIn Profile ) !
I am at my best when I am in alignment with my core values. For me, these are:Connection Learning & Growth Integrity Achievement Contribution
I work in the area of coaching and training simply because I love it! I love working with people one-to-one, helping them clarify what they really want from life and supporting them to make it happen. I love working with groups and teams, facilitating growth and change through coaching, training and transformational workshops.
It is very rewarding to see and experience people grow and expand into a fuller version of themselves, as they find the courage to step out of their comfort zone; explore who they are and take action to create the life they really want. This is personal leadership.
Change happens all the time but we really step into our personal power when we decide to change. There are times when we have to navigate unexpected life changes such as sickness, redundancy, grief, loss etc. But these changes too can become the greatest source of our personal growth.
Showing up as our ‘best self’, at home and at work, should be our priority every day. I make a commitment to all my clients to be my best, as I work with you and/or your team, to help you thrive and realise your full potential.