Work takes up a significant part of our lives. So it makes sense that it should be fulfilling and provide ongoing opportunities for us to use and develop our strengths. We should feel that we can express who we are in our work and that we can realise our full potential. If this is not the case, perhaps it’s time to take a closer look to see what needs to change.
Career Coaching helps you identify what you really want out of life….what’s important to you in terms of work/career and how this integrates with your personal life.
Career Coaching is particularly helpful in times of change or transition eg
- unemployed and looking for a new job.
- change of job.
- return to work after maternity, family career break, sickness, carers leave.
If you want to change job/career, Career Coaching can assist with the following:
- Gain clarity around that career that is right for you and create a powerful action plan to achieve it.
- Identify your key strengths and understand how to maximize these.
- Become clear about your current skills and identify those that need to be strengthened.
- Explore your Personal Brand and understand how you are ‘showing – up’ in the workplace.
- Examine your Marketing Strategy to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward in your job search. Review:
- LinkedIn Profile.
- Interview Skills.
- Knowledge of marketplace and industry trends.
If you wish to remain in your current role/company but want to be more effective, more successful and ultimately to be happier, Career Coaching can help you:
- Gain clarity around what you want to achieve in your work and set some exciting and motivating goals.
- Identify what needs to change in your current circumstances.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and create and action plan for improvements.
- Become aware of your thinking and beliefs around work. Identify the impact of these on your performance and effectiveness in work.
- Map out a career plan to ensure your work is providing the necessary fulfillment, challenge and reward that you desire!
Take Action! If you would like to find out more about Career Coaching and how it might benefit you, please give me a call.